Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I almost cried

Okay, I know I said this would start in 09. But, I just have to brag. Okay, braggin is a sin. I know this. plus its just plain rude. SO, in light of my blessings, I am going to call it a 'testimonial to coupons!' you too can do this! :) There, I feel a little better... But I am still doing the happy dance. No matter how rude it is..

This is 4 seperate transactions.

At walgreens.

The first:
2 reach toothbrushes (3.00ea)
Reach floss (3.00)
big tube of colgate (on sale for 2.99)
6 holiday pencils.

after coupons: 8.49

total savings (wags savings and mfg coupon) 8.47

and they gave me a 6.00 catalina for the Reach purchase and a 2.00 for the toothpaste.
I used a 1.00 coupon for the toothpaste, making it a penny money maker. and a BOGO coupon for the toothbrushes, plus 1.00 off the floss.


2nd
Colgate (again 2.99 minus 1.00 coupon)
13 oz Fruictoise shampoo on sale for 2.39
13 oz conditioner 2.39 on sale
Had a 1.00 coupon for both.
I paid 5.00
They gave me another 2.00 catalina.

Total savings 5.20


3rd

13oz fruictose shampoo
13oz fruictose cond.
Revlon Mascera on sale for 3.59
Revlon Mascera
Colgate toothpaste

The REvlon Mascera was BOGO. I had 2.00 coupons for the revlon, and the same 1.00 ones for the toothpaste and hair care.

I paid 4.56 and got back another 2.00 catalina
Total savings 19.59


Now here is the large transaction.
I had a 5.00 off 25.00 coupon.

The glade candles were on sale. I had a few coupons, and well I went to town... :)

5 glade candle bowl things,
8 wisp flameless candles
2 revlon masceras
3 refills for the candle bowl things
Almay lip liner
Quatro Razor
2 Bic Soliel 4 pk refills
2 Revlon lipstick
1 box envelopes
fingernail polish

Now, again all revlon was BOGO, and I bought the ones on clearence, There was a sale on the glade candles, the almay and polish were both on sale, and I had a coupon for everything in my buggy except the envelopes.

The really good deals were the razor refills, they were 2 for 6.99 and I had 2 $3.00 coupons. making them 49 cents each.

I had BOGO coupons for some of the candles. and $ off for all of them. I was able to use both at my store.

When it was all said and done, I gave them 10.00 in Catalinas (if you are doing the math you know I had 12.00, BUT to use the last catalina, which rings up as a coupon, I needed ONE more filler. I didnt have another filler. and it was kinda silly to grab a 99. eye pencil to save 2.00. ?? I will just use it on my next order.)

Are you ready?? I bought in this one transaction, 180.71 worth of things. I paid 6.09 cash. I am serious. I wouldnt lie to you about that.

Here is my pic.

SO- today my totals were:


Total merchandise bought
10.20
24.07
16.96
180.71
-------
231.94

Paid out of pocket
6.09
4.56
8.49
5.00
------
24.14




So my savings with coupons, sales and combining clearence and coupons was:

207.80!!

I will also be getting 1.10 refund on one of the glades. Its a rebate item in the easy savor book this month!

By the time we were working on the last transaction, I had an audience. Seriously. Managers, cashiers, and a few customers. and they were SOOOO nice. They were cheering me on! I kid you not. They were so impressed. and honestly, so was I!!

I dont expect to do this every time, but I will do it as often as I can. and if you are on my Christmas list, Dont look at the picture :)

Oh there is a melty candle missing, along with a refill for it. My beautician was able to work me in on 2 minutes notice and I gave her an early CHristmas present! :)


No comments: